Unable to login to admin page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-12 08:22:58
Region : CanadaModel : Archer C8Hardware Version : V1Firmware Version : ISP : I've checked my gateway which is 192.168.0.1 I've tried to login to this with Chrome, Firefox and IE11. I constantly get page timed out warnings. This is quite a lousy experience coming from my Asus RN66U.What possibly do I need to do to login to this router?I was able to login when I first set it up but now it just will not access the page and I've changed nothing. I've tried accessing it through hard wire and wireless. No luck.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Unable to login to admin page
2015-06-12 14:29:52
Is the TL-WDR4300's WAN port connected to another router? If yes, you should try 192.168.1.1 because the TL-WDR4300 will change its LAN IP to 192.168.1.1 in two minutes when there is another router before it using the 192.168.0.x subnet.
Options
2015-06-12 16:09:28
I just observed a similar problem with my new Archer C8. I unpacked it, installed the latest firmware, rebooted it like 10 times before I got all the settings dialed in. After a week, wi-fi keeps working, but I can't load the administrative login page any more. After power cycling the router, everything worked fine again. Can you check if you still can't see the administrative interface after power cycling just to see if we both are having a similar problem? Also, can you ping router's IP address?
Options
2015-06-12 18:38:38
Sorry, I forgot to select the correct router. I'm using a C8 which is not connected to another router. I did try that ip as well with the same results.
Options
2015-06-12 19:18:06
Hi,

1. I suggest you to reset the router with the back button.
2. Try to set a static IP (192.168.0.xxx) to your PC
3. Plug one of the router LAN ports to your PC.
4. Enter 192.168.0.1 into your preferred browser.
Options
2015-06-20 22:10:06
I have just had the same problem - C8 refused connection to the web interface, while otherwise working perfectly. Firmware is latest beta 3.16.30 Build 20150421 Rel.51421n, so I have assumed it must still be a bit buggy.

I have reset the unit and re-entered all my configuration settings; it is now working again. It is a problem that also affected my old router, a Billion, occasionally. Maybe they are all like that!
Options
2015-06-21 03:05:18

beeceegee wrote

Maybe they are all like that!

No fortunately !

Only the TP-Link login menus are wrongly designed... :eek:
Options
2015-06-24 23:54:58
Do a reset to factory defaults (hold the WPS button until the power light flashes). Then try to login with the WiFi network displayed on the back of the unit.
Options
You can access it with a smartphone
2015-06-27 08:51:27
They designed these devices with the assumption that people would be connecting directly to them either wired or wirelessly rather than through an existing router. To avoid the hassle of changing the wireless or wired connection on your computer you can instead access the TP-Link device with a smartphone. Simply go into the wi-fi list on your phone and locate the TP-Link device's SSID and connect to it, the SSID and password for the device is cab be found on a sticker located on the device (password is an 8-digit pin code). Once connected, simply open the web browser on your phone and go to the tplinklogin.net address which should now work.

This frustrated me as well but I was happy to find I could access the admin site on my iPhone6 and set it to AP mode. Once set to AP mode you can access it from other devices through your existing network without needing to connect directly to it (assuming you were going to configure it for AP mode).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2325

Replies: 8

Related Articles