Any way to disable extended wifi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-12 19:23:23
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA860RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 140827 Rel.34945n

ISP : BT

I purchased this to connect a NAS drive wirelessly to my router. For information on my setup, I have the extender plugged in under my desk, with the both the power cable and the ethernet cable for the nas drive going to it. The extender then connects to my router via wifi.

Both devices have a static ip, and work well enough.

I named the wifi network on the extender differently so that other devices don't connect to it, and also disabled DHCP.

However, in the network list on my laptop, I can see the network name.

Is there any way to turn this part off while still allowing the extender to work how I need it to?

Naming the network the same as the SSID from my router is not an option, as there are other devices connected via wifi to my router, and they would likely end up connecting to the wrong one.

The reason for wanting to do this is mainly to keep the wireless network list down to a minimum, since i'm using it as a wireless bridge rather than an extender.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Any way to disable extended wifi?
2015-06-15 17:32:19
I didn't see such an option on web interface of WA860RE.
What you need sounds like client mode supported by some other models like TL-WA90ND.
Options
Re:Any way to disable extended wifi?
2015-06-15 22:10:10
Thanks for the reply....I ended up flashing it with the gargoyle firmware and this has allowed me to turn off the extended ssid
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 798

Replies: 2

Related Articles