questions abt DHCP Clients List

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-13 22:16:15
Region : India

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : V1

ISP :

if we use "Archer C7" as a access point, connected with another Router "ZYXEL"

1) would ZYXEL displays those devices in DHCP client list, which are connected to the Archer C7 ??

2) if answer is "no" in 1, then how can we check the clients either in Archer C7 or Zyxel??
Options
3 Reply
Re:questions abt DHCP Clients List
2015-06-13 23:11:00
Hi,

If you want to use the C7 as an AP, you will have to plug the ZYXEL to one of the C7 LAN ports.
If you disable the DHCP server of the C7, a client requesting an IP address will be in the ZYXEL list...
Options
2015-06-14 15:33:34

HiSpeed wrote

Hi,

If you want to use the C7 as an AP, you will have to plug the ZYXEL to one of the C7 LAN ports.
If you disable the DHCP server of the C7, a client requesting an IP address will be in the ZYXEL list...

hello buddy !
thanx for reply but a bit confusion :(

1) if I plug into the C7 Lan port, will client be displayed in C7 DHCP list ??

2) do i have to disable DHCP also in the procedure of plugging into the C7 LAN??
Options
2015-06-14 17:23:59
If the C7 DHCP server is enabled, a device connected to the C7 will probably get an IP address from the C7 and consequently will be in the C7 list only.
I suggest you to disable the C7 DHCP server, but if you want it enabled, give it a separate address range...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 588

Replies: 3

Related Articles