Wireless N adapter not supporting 802.11n protocol

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-13 23:19:50
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TG-3269

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : British Telecoms

Hi,

I am using a 150mb Wireless N PCI adapter in my desktop. I am not 100% certain on the model number as I can't find the packaging.

We recently got faster internet rolled out to my area and have access to 50mb in our house (confirmed as another member of the family gets it on his laptop).

I am only getting 23mb at most. I checked the device settings for my wireless adapter and it says "802.11b preambled".

I installed the correct driver from the tp-link website, although when I installed it, it did say "device driver may not have installed correctly" but it does work, just not on 802.11n which I need to access the full speed available to me.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless N adapter not supporting 802.11n protocol
2015-06-15 17:10:18
Power off your computer. Unplug the adapter from PCI slot and find out the model number&hardware version on adapter itself.
What's the operating system of your PC?
Check the link speed of wireless network connection on your PC.
Besides, is there any other wireless client connecting to the same Wi-Fi network? How about the speed?
Can you check settings on your router and ensure channel width is 40MHz?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 1