Can you shcedule Access control lists ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-14 20:40:27

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to find a Wi-Fi access point which will automatically apply an access control list depending on time of day.
I would like it to block (teenagers) much cursed (but required by school) iThings (tm) from all Internet access after 9:30pm and then re-allow at, say 7:00Am
Ideally maybe allowing an extra hour on Fridays and Saturdays.
I did find this note:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-359.html
but then have not found mention of scheduling in any of the manuals for Wi-Fi Access points that I have looked at so far (for example http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-WA701ND_V2_UG.pdf ) - nor does it mention scheduling with the respect to Access control.

So, can I apply access control according to a schedule?
or maybe even create mutiple SSIDes each with their own access control list and disable one according to a schedule?
Is this possible? or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can you shcedule Access control lists ?
2015-06-15 17:35:57
Access point has no access control feature as it is not the DHCP server and the network is still "controlled" by the main router.
Options
2015-06-16 07:05:05
Actually it does, it maintains a MAC based Access control list as detailed on pages 46-48 (54-56 on the PDF) although in the TP-link documentation it referred to as "MAC filtering"
Options
2015-06-16 07:58:31
and besides if I have to buy a router to provide this functionality then that is fine by me, as this is why I am asking before I spend money on replacing my current Wi-fi Access point
Options
2015-06-16 15:19:58
OK I went with the Archer C9
which seems to have several ways of doing this....
Options