Cant access internet with WR702N, Repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-23 07:54:59
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just bought a wr702n, I use it as a repeater for a local BT Wi-Fi hotspot, I can get all five bars in signal strength but I can’t get access to the internet, there’s a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark over the signal bars.
I’ve tried windows troubleshooting software but it can’t find any problems, when I removed my wr702n from my laptop, and tried to access the internet again at a local café (without using the wr702n) the yellow exclamation mark was still there,
I had to do a system restore to fix my internet connection, I tried to use the wr702n again but the same problem occurred.

Whenever I try to use the wr702n it screws up my internet connection to the point that I have to use system restore again to fix everything?

I'm using windows 8
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant access internet with WR702N, Repeater
2015-06-24 17:50:06
Do you need any kinds of authentication when configuring WR702N to repeat Wi-Fi signal from BT Wi-Fi hotspot?
What have you tried before you restore the system?
Did you remove network profiles and try to reconnect? Restart your laptop? Disable and enable Wi-Fi connection?
Options
Re:Cant access internet with WR702N, Repeater
2015-06-25 14:32:24
I found out what is was, i had a virus on my computer that it has just picked up, i can get internet access now,
thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 634

Replies: 2

Related Articles