Cannot join - Password issue AC750 RE200

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-05 03:45:50
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Installed the RE200 range extender a few months ago & have been really happy. Was experiencing problems with wifi a week or so ago and in troubleshooting the problem, I did the classic, switched it off and on again! My iMac has reconnected fine to the range extender... however my iPad and iPhone are asking me to put in a password. Now, I've tried every password that it's likely to be, I've also tried "admin" and I've also tried the password supplied by Virgin Media for my internet router wifi... all incorrect!

I'm not sure what else to do! The extender powers wifi to my garden office & I really need the iPad/iPhone connectivity.

Any recommendations???
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot join - Password issue AC750 RE200
2015-07-07 15:42:30
If you turn off the range extender, can you connect iPad and iPhone to the main router's Wi-Fi successfully with the same password?
Try to forget the network and reconnect.

What's the firmware version of your RE200?
Options
2015-07-14 05:16:34

M Diamond wrote

If you turn off the range extender, can you connect iPad and iPhone to the main router's Wi-Fi successfully with the same password?
Try to forget the network and reconnect.

What's the firmware version of your RE200?

If I get within a normal range, my iPhone and iPad will connect to the wifi... it's at the long distance via the extender that it's not interested.

How do I know what firmware it is?
Options
2015-07-14 14:23:44
Do you know how to login web interface of RE200? You can find firmware version on Status page.
If you haven't done that, follow method two to login. You may reset it first if you cannot login.
http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/RE200_V1_QIG.pdf
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 833

Replies: 3