No cable - case study

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No cable - case study

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No cable - case study
No cable - case study
2015-07-12 20:43:50
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all,
I have a customer with three houses (3 stories each of them). The walls are made from concrete and bricks. The customer has an adsl moder/router in a house as you can see in the attached pic(house #1).
He doesn't want cables. He needs an wirelless solution in order to have wifi internet in any house.
I was wondering what is the best solution?
I was thinking to use wifi repeaters/range extenders. One for the middle house(house #2) and one for the last house(house #3).
I had a spare device so i tested it to the middle house and it runs ok. But i'm not sure if i'm able to use a wifi repeater/range extender in the last house that repeats the signal from the midde house.
So i'm looking for something like a mesh solution. What is your solution?
Options
3 Reply
Re:No cable - case study
2015-07-13 14:01:17
To repeat Wi-Fi signal from the second range extender, the connection may not stable enough.

Powerline extender should be proper in your case...
You can buy one TL-WPA4220KIT(composed of TL-PA4010 and TL-WPA4220) and one TL-WPA4220. See details in the following link.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/cat-18_TL-WPA4220KIT.html
Options
Re
2015-07-13 21:14:52
Will 2 range extenders communicate with wall between them if i put them at houses number 2 and 3? check my attached pic.
File:
NEAPOLIVILLAS.jpgDownload
Options
Re:No cable - case study
2015-07-14 14:36:34
I'm afraid not... I didn't realize that's what you are trying to do...
Is it possible for re-locate the ADSL modem router? Now in house 2, can you pick up the Wi-Fi signal from house 1? Maybe you need some outdoor devices...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 3