Using WR841ND as a wifi client, how to prevent opening a second wifi network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-19 14:41:54
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR841ND

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version : Date: 10.03.2015

ISP :

I am using the WR841ND as a client in a WLAN bridge to connect to a router (Connected to the WR841ND via ethernet cables are a settop box and the TV itself). This works, but the WR841ND does not only connect to the WLAN network spanned by the router, but also opens a second WLAN network, even though it serves no purpose for my use case. Is there a way to deactivate it?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Using WR841ND as a wifi client, how to prevent opening a second wifi network?
2015-07-21 14:46:53
You enabled WDS bridging on WR841ND?
Can you provide a screenshot of Wireless Settings page?
WR841ND has no client mode that doesn't broadcast its own Wi-Fi. Can you uncheck Enable SSID Broadcast?
Options
Re:Using WR841ND as a wifi client, how to prevent opening a second wifi network?
2015-07-23 03:01:44
Thank you very much for your answer. I have set WDS mode to 'Auto' (see screenshot).

My concern with the WR841 transmitting its own network is that this interferes with the main network -
this could be a problem, since I get occasional freezes of the TV picture. I don't see how disabling the
SSID would be of any help in this connection?

If there really is no possibility to turn off the network, my only choice seems to be to install a third party firmware.
I already tried out dd wrt, but could only get normal internet, but not IPTV working in client mode, so I reverted to
the original firmware. I will give it another try when I have time.
File:
Wireless_Settings.jpgDownload
Options
2015-07-23 16:35:08
We cannot disable wireless router radio as it should be connected to the main router wirelessly...
Not sure if any third party firmware can make it.
Options