C7 1750 (ADSL) won't recognise Synology NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-21 04:53:21
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

SO.......In a relatively fool hardy move, I jumped in and bought the TP-Link D7 1750 wireless router.

Basic set up was relatively easy, particularly given I am something of a Luddite.

I have a couple of Naim music streamers (mu-so and a unitiqute) and managed to get those set up as well as an iPhone and Android phone. Got two laptops set up too, one on Windows and one on Linux Mint (which I don't know much about really) so all was going well.

Plugged the Synology NAS drive into the LAN1 socket and nothing can see it. I have been researching on line for about 4 hours for the answer (please don't shoot me down and tell me the answer has been staring me in the face :-)) and have had no success. The synology has all my music collection stored on it in FLAC format and with my previous routers (technicolour and Netgear) it was simply a case of plug and play and the all the other devices on the network could see it......not this time however.

Can anyone help shed any light on this issue please? You would have to put it in really really basic words technology wise as as I previously mentioned.....I'm a Luddite.

Thanks in advance.
Mack.
Options
2 Reply
Re:C7 1750 (ADSL) won't recognise Synology NAS
2015-07-21 15:31:05
D7?
You have to configure a static IP for NAS or not? What's the IP address of NAS? After you change the new router, did you change it to be the same subnet as other devices like Windows and Linux connected to D7?
Options
Re:C7 1750 (ADSL) won't recognise Synology NAS
2015-07-22 21:31:22
Sorry C7 not D7 typo!

I have never had to configure a static IP for the NAS previously and used it with three other routers.

IP address of NAS.....I need to research how to find that and will post back ASAP.

Unsure about Subnet so will need to research a little about that too and post back!

Sorry, I told you I was a luddite!

Thanks for the response.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 2

Related Articles