Pre-fixed wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-26 18:25:35
Region : Sweden

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Is it possible to add an wifi+password and then connect the computer automatically when it´s plugged in at the new location?. I´m fixing my aunts computer and don´t have the possbility to go to her house and connect to the wifi because it´s to far away. So i´m wondering if i can pre-fix everything so she just can plug it in at her house?

Very thankfull for help!
Options
5 Reply
Re:Pre-fixed wifi connection
2015-07-27 15:58:57
I'm afraid not.
The driver has to be installed on the right PC before we connect Wi-Fi.
Options
2015-07-28 02:51:54
Sorry, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

I have the computer at my house so i can install the driver. But she's gonna pick it up at my house and take it to hers. So I'm wondering if i can fix the login at my house so she just can plug it in at hers?
Options
2015-07-28 15:08:31
We just need to install the driver once on one computer, so it is fine to install it in your house and take PC+Adapter to Aunt's house.
Do your aunt know how to connect to Wi-Fi network in her house? :rolleyes:
Options
2015-07-28 17:07:56
No, Thats the problem:) She can't.. Thats why im asking if i can set up te wifi (hers) in advance so she just can plug it in?
Options
2015-07-29 15:21:50
Umm, you can try to add the correct network profile manually in your house and select connect automatically.
You'd better have a test in your house first with your router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 5

Related Articles