Archer T4U drops connection and must be manually reconnected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-28 08:25:29
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : TekSavvy

Hello,

I bought an Archer T4U on June 1st to replace an aging 2.4GHz N adapter. It worked fine for a bit, but more and more frequently now it will drop my connection. The wireless symbol in the tray still shows connectivity, but there is no internet access and I can't hit the router anymore. It will reconnect immediately if I physically disconnect and reconnect the adapter.

I've tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling the newest ones. I've tried with and without the extension cable. I've tried 3 different USB ports. I've also tried both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. None of these has shown any increase in usability. My other adapters (and old Cisco adapter that I don't know the model of and an ASUS USB-N13) work fine and don't have these issues.

The adapter was originally installed on a fresh format of Windows 8.1 x64 (reformatted specifically for the adapter, I was using Windows 10 when it arrived and it didn't work properly) and was the only adapter installed up until yesterday when I was forced to switch back to by ASUS.

I'm using Windows 8.1 x64 still and my router is an ASUS RT-AC66U. No other device or adapter I own has this issue.

Any suggestions on something else to try, or is my adapter simply dying already?

Thanks,
Noxxville
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T4U drops connection and must be manually reconnected
2015-07-28 14:40:39
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 595

Replies: 1