Ac1750 Archer C7 Access control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-01 15:39:19
Region :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I've been trying to set this feature to work as I was hoping it should,
but still without succeeding in this.

I've gone through these threads about this device and the access control settings,
but nothing seems to be working.

My aim is to get access control working as follows;
- certain MAC addresses should only be accessed through C7 by certain time schedule.

Yes, this sounds simple, but really, I havent got it working. Heh.

My LAN includes separate M0n0wall unit which handles the DNS and samely acts as a gateway.

C7 only works as a Access Point, allowing WiFi clients to access LAN and internet.

Clients are mainly mobile devices like Android phones and tablets.

I have done the settings as the official TP-Link guide says and tried also few other guides from users, but these do not seem to affect to clients.
They still have access to LAN and internet.

Any idea what would be the problem here?

Could the C7 unit be faulty?

First thing after I bought this router was to update the firmware so thats the latest.

Thanks,

_tero
Options
3 Reply
about these access controls..
2015-08-02 16:56:35
Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

* Should the Wireless MAC Filtering be enabled when using Access Controls OR Parental Controls??
As I dont see why this should affect..?

* I have disabled every other feature on this device, DHCP, Firewall, NAT because they are not needed as the router is simply just routing the traffic WiFi.
I have like I mentioned a M0n0wall device which is working as a firewall and DHCP server.

Again tried to create the rule for access controls for a certain device with certain MAC, but still, the device has no problem accessing LAN and internet.

Very frustrated with this system...
This surely is amazingly unworking device they have.
Probably taking this back to change it to ASUS.

_tero
Options
Re:Ac1750 Archer C7 Access control
2015-08-03 02:28:12

Still clients smoothly accessing LAN/internet...
Options
Re:Ac1750 Archer C7 Access control
2015-08-03 17:10:13
You may read some guide but it seems that you didn't realize that your C7 is not working as a router anymore but an access point...
In this case, to control internet connection, you should configure it on the main router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 861

Replies: 3

Related Articles