Extension cable problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extension cable problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extension cable problem
Extension cable problem
2015-08-01 20:52:31
Region :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys.So my problem is this.I bought the TL-WN711N coupled with the TL-ANT2408C antenna in order to get wifi from the nearby restaurant(I pay them) for when i go camping with my trailer.I get 3 bars of wifi and the internet is kind of good except that i lose connection once in a while but this is not the problem.The problem is that i can only get wifi while i am outside the trailer and i lose it when i enter it because it has a tin roof or something.I bought an extension cable but when i plug set it up i get two bars but no connection whatsoever.I am no engineer or anything but is the connection getting weaker while it travels through the 5 meter cable?I really would appreciate a solution because i obviously can't stay outside during rains or night or winter.Please help ![h=1][/h]
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extension cable problem
2015-08-03 11:11:45
TL-WN711N? It is not the correct model number?
In your case, you may need some device to extend Wi-Fi signal from the nearby restaurant so that you can get Wi-Fi inside the trailer.
Not sure if it is convenient for you to add a range extender or something similar.
Options