TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Not Working on Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-03 06:06:03
Region : N/A

Model : Dual Band w/USB

Hardware Version : N/A

Firmware Version : N/A

ISP : N/A

Hi All,
I'm trying to install TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Setup.exe on Windows 10 and it's not working.

The error showed is:

Control Center Installation is incomplete! Please reinstall again.

I've tried to install it using compatibility mode, but it didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-LINK USB Printer Controller Not Working on Windows 10
2015-08-03 17:27:25
The utility for Windows 10 has not been release yet, right? I didn't see it anywhere on TP-LINK website.
Options
2015-08-05 04:48:17

M Diamond wrote

The utility for Windows 10 has not been release yet, right? I didn't see it anywhere on TP-LINK website.

Unfortunately I expected to find that answer on this forum, but seems that nobody on TP-LINK cares...
Options
[SOLVED] Now I can use TP-LINK USB Printer Controller on my Windows 10
2015-08-09 16:54:21
Just reinstall this utility (TP-LINK USB Printer Controller). After that, I can print normally.

If you don't have any installer, you can download from this link: http://www.tp-link.com/lk/download-center.html
Options
2016-07-30 07:38:25
Reinstalling (repairing or removing) did not help anything for me. And I couldn't find the utility at that address.

This address seems to have it: http://www.tp-link.com/common/app/usb/

I even tried it on a Windows 7 machine and got a blue screen.
Options
2016-08-20 05:40:23
For anyone having issues after the free upgrade to Windows 10, here is what worked for me. I needed to plug the printer directly into my computer's USB port and let Windows re-recognize/re-install it. After that, I simply re-connected the printer directly to the router (mine is a WR-1043ND), and voila! SO, the problem seemed to be that the printer just need to be re-installed on Win 10; the print server utility was fine all along.
Options
2016-08-27 13:29:47
Where did you get the utility you are using? Did you say you installed it before you did the free upgrade to Windows 10? I am installing it after the fact, and it doesn't work. I don't often have to reboot Windows 10, but when I did (after the seemingly failed install) it was installed, but I kept hearing the "USB device unplugged" sound once per second until I uninstalled it. Go figure.
Options
Had the same problem, now working...
2016-09-13 06:41:39

mwadlin wrote

Where did you get the utility you are using? Did you say you installed it before you did the free upgrade to Windows 10? I am installing it after the fact, and it doesn't work. I don't often have to reboot Windows 10, but when I did (after the seemingly failed install) it was installed, but I kept hearing the "USB device unplugged" sound once per second until I uninstalled it. Go figure.

Just thought I register to post this as the solution I have seems to work.

I have been having same problem for quite a while, where after installing the USB Printer controller software, all I hear is the same sound as you hear every second and see no printer in the software.

I have done the following in this particular sequence (although I don't think the sequence has anything to do with it)

i. Log into the Archer C7 UI and set Printer offline (and USB hard drive if you have one)
ii. Swapped the USB hard disk port with the printer (my printer was previously connected to the USB nearest to the Ethernet ports)
iii. Go back into Archer C7 UI and re-enable printer to online.
iv. Set the USB Printer Controller shortcut to run in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
v. Load up USB Printer Controller software, and the printer appeared almost immediately.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions, but won't be available for a couple of weeks as I'm hiking up Kilimanjaro :).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9996

Replies: 7