TL-WN823Nd Wireless N USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-06 02:24:28
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Bought this wireless adapter today to replace an old Zyxel one (which however worked). I run it on a Dell desktop computer which hasn't any wireless card installed; the pc is about 6 years old, and is only used to play some games by my kids. Wanted to increase the wifi speed on this pc by using the new TP-Link wireless stick, but encountered major problems. This pc has been upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro (yesterday), and I plugged the TP-Link USB adapter only after the new OS was installed, and it ran fine with the previous old Zyxel adapter. But the TP-Link won't even install: when I want to install the driver with the included installation CD, it tells me " the installer can not work on this plateform", and in the device manager I don't see any TP-Link device, but instead a "Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter". Before you ask: yes I tried to install it with the latest Windows 8, and/or with the Windows 8.1 drivers from the TP-Link website, to no avail. I just doesn't work, and trying to trouble-shoot it, keeps informing me that " the installer can not work on this plateform". It's a 32bit version. Should I bring that device back to the shop, or will you issue a new driver for Windows 10?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN823Nd Wireless N USB Adapter
2015-08-06 15:41:04
You cannot install the driver for Windows 8 successfully, right?
Can you connect the computer to your router by an ethernet cable to access internet and update the built-in driver of Windows 10?
The driver for Win10 will be issued sooner or later...we have to be very patient...
Options