DNS service for hosts in LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-06 21:15:50
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I bought a TP-link AC1200 Archer C5 to replace my ISP provided modem/router, which didn't gave me a stable Wi-Fi connection. I'm using one of its ports to connect to the Archer C5's WAN port and all the hosts are connected to the TP-link router.

With the old router (the one supplied by my ISP) I had, by default, a very useful feature that consisted in the internal DNS service provided by the router replying to queries with the hostnames assigned by the DHCP server and their IPs. This allowed me, for instance, in a Linux box do, not knowing the IP address of my MacBook, "ssh @".

Navigating through the configuration interface on the Archer C5 I was able to notice, in the DHCP section (DHCP Clients List), that it stores those hostnames and their assigned IP addresses, but I haven't found a way to associate that with the internal DNS server.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you.

Best
-condof.
Options
1 Reply
Re:DNS service for hosts in LAN
2015-08-07 14:28:51
No such a feature...
Options

Information

Helpful: 1