Sluggish use with Archer C9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-07 21:57:00
Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : C9 v1

Firmware Version : 3.17.0 Build 20150507 Rel.34590n

ISP : Telcom 3 Sverige

New TP Link customer and purchased the C9 after reading some good reviews. Over cable its fine but over WiFi it struggles up and down.

Sometimes it's okay and sometimes not. Here is my setup; I'm using the C9 as I main router and I'm got 2.4GHz and 5GHz on, no guest network. I've also got my NAS attached directly to the router as well as a Skype phone. Over WiFi use Boxee and there are at most 8 or 9 devices connected to these two signals although usually only 2 or 3 using.

I've also got a cable connection to another router about 30m away for WiFi and a cable connection in the office. The office router is a Linksys from Cisco and I have no problems with that room or the 2.4GHx connection I'm using there - that room / connection is perfect and I regular get 90Mbps download on cable and 40Mbps on WiFi. In that area I've got 3 or 4 devices connected over WiFi and a Mac connected to cable.

So basically, it's just this Archer that I have problems with and I want this to be my main router because I have have 2.4 and 5 out at the same time. Latest firmware .. any tips I can use to speed things up or actually just make them consistently okay or do I need to get antoher router?

Thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:Sluggish use with Archer C9
2015-08-11 17:53:43
Check the link speed of wireless network connection.
Try channel width 40MHz for 2.4GHz and 80MHz for 5GHz. Connect only one client to test the speed.
Options
Re:Sluggish use with Archer C9
2015-08-16 18:34:42
I did have 20MHz for 2.4GHz previously and 40MHz for 5GHz. I'll see how it performs.

I had turned of the 5GHz because it was pointless having and I thought it would make the other faster .. I'll let you know how I find this.

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 2

Related Articles