Limited Connection using TL-WN823N to a home Wifi Network! HELP! SOS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-08 01:58:35
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a Windows 8.1 desktop, self build and purchased the TL-WN823N as my motherboard had no built in WIFI.

At the hotel I just stayed at I just plugged it in and I was immediately connected to a Wifi Hotspot. There was no problem at all.

I just moved into a house which has a Vodafone DSL Easybox 803A, with a Fritz! wlan repeater 300E.

It seems to connect to the network but has "limited connectivity"

I have tried the usual solutions. Updated to the most recent windows 8.1 driver. Reset the router. Hit the WSL button on the repeater and TP link adapter. I also tried about 7 other solutions from the net. Nothing worked. In fact nothing changed at all, still says "limited connection"

The only error I see in device manager, is under Other Devices: SM Bus Controller is missing a driver. Is this related somehow? I have no idea what this means…beyond my tech understanding

I have run out of options, please help.

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Limited Connection using TL-WN823N to a home Wifi Network! HELP! SOS
2015-08-10 15:28:48
Try to update chipmaker's driver(RTL8192CU).
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&ProdID=277&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

If it is the same with limited connection, IP address is 169.254...?
You may try to configure static IP address, default gateway, DNS server etc. on your PC to see if it works.
Options