Archer C9 Ports Not Forwarding?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-10 15:11:36
Model : ArcherC9
Hardware Version : v1
Firmware Version : 3.17.0 Build 20150507 Rel. 34590n
ISP : PlusNet

Just replaced my old Billion BiPAC 7800N with an Archer C9. Everything looked good, and wireless speed was much improved. However, just noted that the port forwarding is not working.

Symptoms are exactly the same as the guy posting about his C7, which incidentally looks like he never resolved. I am in the UK on PlusNet with a static IP which is set up as PPPoE on WAN and connecting fine externally facing. I set up some forwards as normal, example below:

None of these I can access externally, and using a port checker can see they are not open. I even set up my local NAS/server in in the DMZ and that doesn't get traffic passed through either (well I cant see it using the open port checker).

So this has ended up as an expensive paper weight, and will most likely go back to the BiPAC, at least for the virtual server.

Any help much appreciated
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C9 Ports Not Forwarding?
2015-08-10 17:38:24
You didn't mention WAN IP obtained on router page. Is it public or private? Provide your topology pls.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-785.html
Options
2015-08-11 00:40:39
Yep, WAN IP is public (it is this I am using with the port checker, and everything is closed).

Also, already done everything on the FAQ (changed web management to 8080)

Topology:

CAT5 from road >> BT Openreach box >> Archer C9 >> 48 port switch

To rule it out, I updated the firmware again, and then reset to factory defaults. Still no joy. The Archer C9 replaced the BiPAC in the topology, and forwarding was working fine on that.
Options
2015-08-11 15:06:04

Options
2015-08-11 15:06:42
DNS configured on your local NAS/server is LAN IP address of C9?
You can access them locally with their LAN IP: port?
Options
2015-08-11 19:41:06
Aggghh! Feel like such a tool! Yes, the clients had the wrong default gateway IP (as I had them both side by side when I copied the configurations). All OK now. Thanks for the help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 830

Replies: 5

Related Articles