TL-WR740N internet drops for laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-11 12:38:36
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi!
I have a TL-WR740N router and Acer Aspire 5750G laptop. The problem is that once in a while the laptop loses internet connection and gets limited connectivity. The only way to get it back is to disable/re-enable the wireless card under network settings. It only happens when I'm doing something on the internet and as bigger the load is, as more often it happens. I also recently reinstalled Windows. It happened before reinstall and it happens after. The weird thing is that it only happens on just this router and this laptop. I also have other devices like and xbox connected to the router and nothing like that happens to them.

I also have disabled "Allow windows to turn device off to save power" for the wireless card.

Here are my wireless settings:

[TD]Checked: Enable Wireless Router Radio
Channel: auto
Mode: 11bgn mixed
Channel Width: Auto
Max Tx Rate: 150Mbps
[/TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Checked: Enable SSID Broadcast
[/TD]
[TD]UnChecked: Enable WDS

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR740N internet drops for laptop
2015-08-11 14:09:47
When it shows limited connectivity, what's the IP address obtained?
Update driver of wireless card on your laptop. Try to configure static IP.
Options
Re:TL-WR740N internet drops for laptop
2015-08-13 01:38:21
It seems like I fixed it with solution provided in another similar thread. I changed channel to 6 and channel width to 20mhz. Haven't had this problem for last 2 days. Thanks anyway.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 611

Replies: 2

Related Articles