Problems setting up ARCHER C2 AC750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-15 10:42:05
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello guys,

Today I bought a new TP-LINK ARCHER C2 AC750 for my house. I have the common router that my ISP gave me with the internet service. I tried to configure the archer and it connects to the wireless network and everything but when I want to navegate in the internet I cannot do it.

My TP-link router (ISP) settings:

IP: 192.168.1.1
Mask: 255.255.255.0
DHCP enabled

TP-LINK ARCHER:

IP: 192.168.0.1
DHCP enabled.

I used the quick setup and I keep having this problem. I tried to connect to the internet throught the cable but I have the same problem.

Please help.
Options
4 Reply
RE: Problems setting up ARCHER C2 AC750
2015-08-15 16:50:27
One router should have it's"Internet" or "WAN" connection connected to the internet. Call this the "First Router"

The other router should have it's"Internet" or "WAN" connection connected to an Ethernet connection on the first router. Call this the "Second Router".

Note that devices connected to the Second Router will be able to connect to devices connected to the First Router but devices connected to the First Router will not be able to see devices connected to the Second Router. If you want all devices to see one another you only need one router in your system (Consider changing one of the routers to a switch)
Options
Re:Problems setting up ARCHER C2 AC750
2015-08-15 19:55:37
Hi,

There are several ways to use your router, have a look to [B]my tutorial[/B] !
Options
Unfortunately I couldn't make it work
2015-09-03 10:35:56
Hey guys:

Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately I couldn't get through it. I did the correct steps in the tutorial and nothing seemed to work.

The router that I have connect directly to the internet is a TP-LINK td-w8901g (54mbps) and the one I recently bought, the archer C2 AC750. I do not know a lot about this issue but maybe they aren't compatible? When I connect both I get the wireless signal from the Archer but I can't connect to the internet. Sometimes the first router seems to freeze and I have to restart it.

Any additional help about this? I bought the Archer hoping to give a solution to the problem of the wireless range. It does not cover all my apartment.

Thank you in advance.
Options
Re:Problems setting up ARCHER C2 AC750
2015-09-03 13:30:46
The best bet for you is probably to don't use the WAN port of your Archer C2 (case #3 of my tuto).

Set the LAN IP to 192.168.1.2 and disable the DHCP server...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 4

Related Articles