Setting up access control to my PS4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-21 03:15:47
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello all, new member here.
I recently purchased the archer C9, as you all know the ps4 does not include an option to schedule your downloads, my internet has a limited quota however it is not counted between 1am and 7am so i usually put my downloads at night but i do not wish to wake up so early every morning to pause my downloads, i couldn't put a rule from within my router to cut off internet to my ps4 during the hours where my quota is counted, i have tried parental control but what that does is disable internet on all the devices in the house other than the admin pc, i have tried access control option but from there i could only limited certain websites and IP's, i do not seem to have an option to cut off the internet, is there any workaround to this? i have already lost around 20/50GB of my quota to my ps4 downloads, its really annoying!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Setting up access control to my PS4
2015-08-25 10:21:19
How do you download? Do you know what ports do you have to block to limit download on PS4 after 7am before 1am next day?
During that time, you have to allow the PS4 access internet, right?
Options
2015-08-25 18:14:41

Mavis wrote

How do you download? Do you know what ports do you have to block to limit download on PS4 after 7am before 1am next day?During that time, you have to allow the PS4 access internet, right?
Not at all, i couldn't find it online either, why have they not included a simple block x mac address from Internet option, i mean after all its a high end router.
Options
2015-08-26 17:03:18
You want to block all internet access? Not only download?
If so, refer to the thread here.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?82264-Blocking-Access-to-Internet
Options
2015-08-27 04:40:38
yes, all internet access.
I just tried that and it seems to be working!:D
i don't need to block ports as well right ?
btw, why doesn't the router accept ip range from 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255? is that not the ipv4 range?

Thank you a lot!:cool:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 799

Replies: 4

Related Articles