TL-WA750RE Stops Working After a Few Hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-22 17:23:41
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have installed a TL-WA750RE to my TD-W8980 wireless router using the Quick setup instructions using the WPS button and the exteneder works fine for roughly 6 hours after which you can try to conect to the extender but you get the message obtaining an IP address which it never is able to obtain

After intially setting up the extender i can connect via a network cable directly to the extender and was able to login via the web browser via http://tplinkextender.net but once the problem with the extenders occour i cannot access it via a cable and so cannot see the log or make any changes to settings

I have tried another TL-WA750RE to make sure my extender is not faulty but the same problem reocours

The only way to solve the problem is a hard reset of the extender and reinstalling it vai the quick set up guide
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA750RE Stops Working After a Few Hours
2015-08-24 16:43:32
The main router works fine, right? Did you test the connection directly to W8980?
As to WA750RE, firmware is up to date? How about status of all lights when it stops working? Can you see the range extender on W8980's DHCP list?
Options
Re:TL-WA750RE Stops Working After a Few Hours
2015-08-25 15:56:18

M Diamond wrote

The main router works fine, right? Did you test the connection directly to W8980?
As to WA750RE, firmware is up to date? How about status of all lights when it stops working? Can you see the range extender on W8980's DHCP list?

Yes the main router works fine and i can see the range extender in the DHCP list , i did try ping the IP address shown but i get no response , the firmware is on the original V1 i as i wasnt sure which was the correct firmaware update to choose and didnt want to brick the extender?

Not sure how to test the connection directly to the W8980? i logged into the extender via its wen interface when i originally set up and went through all the setting on the extender and they all looked ok

I will have to retry the extender to look at the lights status as i am not sure now
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 753

Replies: 2