M7350 not working in Austria with austrian SIM-Card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-24 23:34:13
Model : M7350

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.0.10

ISP : yesss! (A1 Austria)

Hi everybody,

I bought my M7350 in Germany and it's working quite well there.

So I wanted to use my M7350 during my holidays in Austria with an austrian SIM-Card (more data for my Euros).

But after completing the setup process the Router won't connect and instead tell me that the "device is on roaming" and I would have to active data roaming in order to get connected. Well, since I am in Austria and using an austrian SIM-Card this seems strange, but I anyways activated roaming and the device subsequently connected to the available 3G network (no 4G here).

But I still can't reach any webpage getting error messages of all the browsers I tried (IE, FF, Chrome). Country is set to "Austria" on the M7350.

So what's wrong here? Does the M7350 actually have some sort of country-code to its hardware so I can not use it abroad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you :-)
Options
3 Reply
Re:M7350 not working in Austria with austrian SIM-Card
2015-08-25 17:39:51
Options
2015-08-26 21:26:40
Thank you for the links, I got it solved. Roaming isn't unusual inside of Austria when the phone company is a re-seller using another company's network. The real problem was the DNS Server that did not work. I changed it to 8.8.8.8 (Google) and now everything's fine :)
Options
2015-08-26 21:34:25
I have the same problem, my UK bought model version 1 hardware won't connect to any network in France. I tried with two separate networks all work OK in phones
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 3

Related Articles