TL-WR1043ND & USB Storage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-29 20:20:22
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Sorry if this seems like a simple question, and might just be a straightforward 'No'.

I currently have Virgin Media Cable Broadband. I use th VM SuperHub as a modem and connect an ethernet cable to the TP Link router (WR1043ND) and then another ethernet cable to my PC to create a wired connection on my PC. I have tried connecting a USB cable from the TP Link router to the PC in the hope that it would pick up my hard drive and let the router act as a media server. However, this doesn't appear to be working. I have connected an external HD to the USB on the router and it does pick this up as a media server.

Therefore my question is, is it possible to use the USB function on the router to connect to the PC and pick up the hard drive? Am I doing something wrong or is it simply used for external USB devices?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR1043ND & USB Storage
2015-09-01 15:42:53
Therefore my question is, is it possible to use the USB function on the router to connect to the PC and pick up the hard drive? Am I doing something wrong or is it simply used for external USB devices?
I'm afraid not. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-603.html
Options
2015-09-01 16:30:30

BuzzSuffer wrote

Model :

No you can't. I have the same router as yours, if you plug your external HD directly then it can detect.
Options
2015-09-02 01:55:13

M Diamond wrote

I'm afraid not. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-603.html

No you can't. I have the same router as yours, if you plug your external HD directly then it can detect.

Never mind then.

Thank you to you both answering me, it's much appreciated.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1018

Replies: 3

Related Articles