Archer T8E Ping Spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T8E Ping Spikes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T8E Ping Spikes
Archer T8E Ping Spikes
2015-09-01 03:28:20
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since i got the card a few months ago i have been having alot of ping spikes to my router. It is pretty consistent 30 seconds of normal operation (1ms to the router), and then suddenly it jumps to 100ms for two seconds, and then repeats. i thought it had to be either a problem with windows, obstacles, or the driver. but after checking everything i still can't find any reason for it. i was running latest drivers (V1_141204) on windows 8.1, and the problem is still there even after a clean install of both driver and windows 8.1.

I don't think it's the signal either, because my cheap laptop has no problems with it's ping and it is placed in the same area as my desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. i bought the card to have a better connection in games, but right now it seems like it would be better for me to go back to shared connection from my laptop...
Options
7 Reply
possible fix
2015-09-01 18:36:21
I have started changing to ac wifi and have a different problem with the T8E at the moment, but i was reading your post and have the possible fix of setting the priortity on the router for the system to highest... the ping problem might be when it switches you around between the 2.4 and 5 ghz bands.

just my thoughts, trying to help..

have a nice day.
Options
Re:Archer T8E Ping Spikes
2015-09-02 00:51:18
My router is only 2.4ghz though
Options
2015-09-03 01:48:29
then that could also be a problem on the other side (the card trying to change band to 5ghz) ... how ever it might be isp or the location of the router in relation to the receiver, i hope you find a fix... this card is over the top completely if you are only planing on using the 2.4 ghz networking... i would thing you could get a small usb dongle for 2.4ghz for less than half the price the t8e was, the TP n 600 was a great little thing for along time with me. until this latest upgrade.. you also might have speed limiting set on your router for any single pc/connection.
Options
2015-09-03 03:54:18
Fiber is planned in my area, so that's why i bought it... and with that i'm going to upgrade the router too. Anyways, ill give the isp a call.
Options
2015-09-03 22:34:17
I really think you will have succes with the paired 5ghz router/ card i would only suggest useing the old on until then.. i personaly would have thought an admin might have come along by now to see if they might be able to clear somethings up, but never the less hope it is well and truely over for you.
Options
2015-09-08 00:59:07
You know, i have started using this for some time now and i wonder.. what could it be causing the ping as i too have noticed the issue... reading of 26 ping but quite often having an issue with frame dropping / missing quite a significant portion of the communication... i was reading about 2.4 and 5 ghz but seems they are equal. 2.4 is just more common.. i am getting a reading for full connection power.. but still have the same issue you have. I do hope some one from TP-link will come soon into this picture to help us..
Options
yet another thought
2015-09-08 06:35:47
there might be the issue i am having where the less powerful wifi/modem the isp gave me running into the newer router is causing packet loss or lag.... there might be an issue there for you... if i run it with the 2.4 wifi that came with the isp router wifi / modem there is not so much to say as a problem other than can be expected with wifi. I there anything like that for you? I will have to look into the new router see what might be an issue or fix for that my self..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 706

Replies: 7