How I finally got my tl-wr941nd to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-04 16:52:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It was sleeping in the box till I decided to use it just because my father bought it by himself...and it required a modem. Some network issues started popping up and I tried to make it work.
This tutorial is slightly different from the "official" ones, stick with me, other stuff did not work.

[*]Connect your Modem to the internet normall
[*]Switch the modem's WLAN off (If it has it)
[*]Get an ethernet cable , plug it into the LAN1 port of the modem and into the WAN port of the wifi router
[*]Get another ethernet cable and plug it into the router's LAN1 port , plug the other end at your PC/Laptop
[*]Switch the modem and the router off, turn them on
[*]Open up a browser and connect to the router's interface: That could be 192.168.0.0/192.168.0.1/192.168.0.2/192.168.1.0/192.168.1.1/192.168.1.2/192.168.0.254/192.168.1.254 as far as I know
[*]Enter the credentials. If you get a "Unauthorized to access this router" error message, unplug the ethernet port from the WAN port , log in and then plug it again. This happens due to some security issues.
[*]Go on the WAN settings , make sure Dynamic IP (not PPPoE) is selected , because we use a modem , no need for IP grabbing.
[*]Set the Primary DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (Google)
[*]You should be good to go
I Hope this helped.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 122

Replies: 0

Related Articles