Archer c20i AC750 5Ghz network crashing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-05 17:59:49
Model : Archer C20i

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Running the latest firmware version my 5 GHZ network appears to randomly drop out. The 5GHZ network will disappear for approximately 30 minutes and then appear again. However once it appears again any heavy use causes it to go off line again. The 2.4 ghz network is fully usable during this period and works fine. The problem seems to occur most when the signal strength is lower on the devices using the 5 g network. The network tends to remain stable when I am in the same room as the router and crashes do not occur as frequently. Any suggestions? is this a common problem?
thanks for any help.

The router is connected to my modem router via Ethernet.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer c20i AC750 5Ghz network crashing
2015-09-06 15:55:12
Try to change channel from auto to 157, 153 or 149.
About wireless coverage, generally, the lower the frequency the farther a wireless signal can travel.
Therefore, devices on a 5 GHz network will tend to have a shorter range than those using 2.4 GHz.
Options
Re:Archer c20i AC750 5Ghz network crashing
2015-09-07 12:39:05
I would guess interference.
I don't have the problem.
Trying other channels is a good idea.
Options
2015-09-19 23:57:38
Its definitely not frequency or signal strength related my computer is 1 meter from the router. I reflashed the firmware and the router was stable for about 2 weeks however it crashed again and even turning the router off all night does not fix the stability issues of the 5ghz network. I think I may have found the trigger. I connect an external hard drive to the router periodically and this seems to be the trigger for the instability. I reflashed the firmware today again and router is fine. Thanks for the replys.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 633

Replies: 3

Related Articles