TL-WPS510U through a wireless router to a desktop pc - does it work and can the pc set the server up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPS510U through a wireless router to a desktop pc - does it work and can the pc set the server up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-14 23:46:32
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Forgive me if I'm being rather dim and presumptuous but I got the print server to allow my tablets and ipads to print. My network is based around a wireless/wired router which is normally administered by my desktop pc and I simply assumed that it would also be how the print server would be set up, ie. by the desktop pc. Imagine my horror when the pc can't see the server - as it doesn't have its own wireless adapter. I had thought that it would see it via the router.

I don't have any working laptops with wifi to be able to set up the print server so can anyone advise me how to get everything started with what I have? AND, when it is finally set up, will the desktop be able to access the printer without having to re-connect through the old usb cable?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Mark
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WPS510U through a wireless router to a desktop pc - does it work and can the pc set the server up?
2015-09-15 15:00:20
The printer server has to be configured on a laptop... as it has no ehternet port...
Besides, ever there is a laptop and you can configure it successfully, maybe you cannot share print on tablets and ipads...
You bought a wrong product according to my understanding.
Options
Re:TL-WPS510U through a wireless router to a desktop pc - does it work and can the pc set the server up?
2015-09-16 19:44:04
I had come to the same conclusion! I'm not sure if I can exchange the server but that's not a problem. What print server would you recommend so I can print from my desktop and tablet /ipad to a Canon pixma inkjet?

Cheers, Mark
Options
2015-09-17 14:40:03
I didn't see such a TP-LINK print server...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 3