Slow ethernet transfer speeds with Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-16 04:49:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just bought myself an Archer C5 and setup went swimmingly apart from the transfer speeds from my Western Digital MyCloud to my PC.

My old setup was a Virgin Media Superhub plugged directly into the PC via ethernet, and the MyCloud plugged into the Superhub.

On the new setup, I've put my Superhub into modem mode, connected the Superhub to the C5, and the C5 to my PC. The MyCloud is now connected to the C5. However, when I try to transfer a file from my MyCloud to my desktop, I get a transfer speed of 11MB/s. When I look at the network connection of on my PC it shows a speed of 100Mbps, but everything should be gigabit! Presumably the C5 is the problem as everything worked fine until a couple of hours ago when I connected it, but I don't know what to do?!

Any advice would be greatly received!
Options
3 Reply
Re:Slow ethernet transfer speeds with Archer C5
2015-09-16 11:02:26
Are there any other PCs with gigabit port that you can connect to LAN port of C5 and check the link speed?
Did you try firmware upgrade or reset the C5?
If all the same, the router should be defective.
Options
2015-09-16 14:58:21

M Diamond wrote

Are there any other PCs with gigabit port that you can connect to LAN port of C5 and check the link speed?
Did you try firmware upgrade or reset the C5?
If all the same, the router should be defective.

Hi, thanks for the response. I've upgraded the firmware which seems to have resolved the Gigabit issue, I did an internet speed test which returned 160Mbps and the network connection on my PC now save 1.0Gpbs

However, I know have another problem. Ever since the upgrade I'm unable to get onto the router setup page, it just times out, and my Western Digital MyCloud is no longer visable on the network?? I'm lost as to what to try next!
Options
2015-09-16 16:52:00
Scratch the above post, all working perfectly now!! Thanks for the help!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1053

Replies: 3