TL-WDR3600 as wifi access point only/No LAN default gateway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-16 20:36:44
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I've got the TL-WDR3600 which I wish to use on the network as a wifi access point only. Everything is setup and it works except that I am unable to see where I set the LAN default gateway on the device.

This doesn't seem to be too much of an issue as the devices connecting to it pick up a DHCP IP address from my DHCP server just fine which of course, does have a default gateway.

But I'm curious, how do I set a default gateway on this device? I notice that static routing states that the default gateway is 0.0.0.0 for the LAN interface so there must be a way???

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WDR3600 as wifi access point only/No LAN default gateway
2015-09-17 09:33:55
Why do you want to do that?
Read the article here.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-560.html
Options
2015-09-17 16:37:02
Why WOULDN'T I wish to do that?

My router is many times more powerful and has many times more features than the TP Link. The TP Link is advertised as being "suitable for home and office" so one assumes that it can be used as a regular access point to boost the wi fi network coverage and yet it doesn't support a default gateway on the LAN?
Options
2015-09-17 16:57:48
The article you link is of no help as I'd need to add statics for every device on the network. That is well over 200 static routes and yet all for the want of a default gateway option?
Options
2015-09-20 08:38:11

are you talking about the lan IP? The Default WAN Gateway can be set.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1628

Replies: 4