WR740N v4 - limited access on Windows 8.1 laptop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-19 16:53:14
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

This is an issue that's arisen since the first time the laptop connected to it. I connect it to my home network, it runs fine for a few minutes and then it goes into "Limited" mode. After a while, it disconnects from the network and only shows it as an available one. When I try to connect, I receive the "Windows cannot connect to this network" message and sometimes even the network disappears from the list. After restarting the router, the problem is solved but not for long. Also, this affects other computers that are running on Windows 7 and have no problem whatsoever staying connected to the network for hours, if not days. Furthermore, when connected to another TP-Link router, the Windows 8.1 laptop doesn't show any such instabilities and that's the reason I suspect it could be caused by some router setting. Just to point out, I am not very familiar with how routers work, but would like to know what the cause may be.

Below is information I thought would be necessary. If there is anything else to add, please, tell me and I will find it and post it.

Firmware Version: 3.12.11 Build 120320 Rel.51047n
Hardware Version: WR740N v4 00000000
Channel:Auto (Current channel 1)
Mode:11bgn mixed
WAN Connection Type: Dynamic IP
Options
2 Reply
Re:WR740N v4 - limited access on Windows 8.1 laptop
2015-09-22 11:01:30
Upgrade the latest firwmare for your WR740N V4. The current version is very old.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WR740N_V4.html#Firmware

The Win8.1 laptop is the only wireless client?
Options
Re:WR740N v4 - limited access on Windows 8.1 laptop
2015-09-22 17:12:37
Right now it is the only laptop connected to the network. From time to time other devices such as laptops and smartphones connect but the result was the same with or without other devices.

I have successfully updated the router's firmware and so far there are no issues at all. I suppose that the problem was, indeed, the old FW version.

Thank you very much, Mavis!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Related Articles