archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
50 Reply
Same stuff different day.
2015-12-09 13:37:23
I too, have a very similar problem. Specifically, I have the C7 as well, and lose wireless connectivity several times a day. One difference is that Im running IP cameras through it, and they have a sustained bitrate of about 40 Mbit. As such, mine seems to tank often and hard. If anyone has any ideas I'de love hearing them. I have some packet captures and noticed that when the issue occurs the routers is not forwarding or replying to DNS requests.
Options
Same problem: C7 v2 locks up, latest firmware
2015-12-11 00:00:03
I just bought a new C7 (v2) a few days ago. Using it as a regular Wi-Fi router. First thing I did was update the firmware to the latest version, but it still has locked up twice already.

Firmware version: 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n
Hardware version: Archer C7 v2 00000000

I will try disabling hardware NAT as suggested by oreoman.
Options
Re:archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix
2015-12-29 03:28:42
I have the same issue, and no solution. I have reached out to TPlink and have received no help. Originally the router would work for a couple of days before 2.4/5 would go down, however now it will only work for about an hour. Even restarting the router is starting to fail, and I have to do it 3 or 4 times to get it to work. Somebody please help, TPlink doesn't care to.

Firmware version: 3.14.3 Build 151014 Rel.49676n
Hardware version: Archer C7 v2 00000000
Options
2016-01-02 17:18:42
Any update to this one? Has anyone found a resolution? I too also just got this router as a gift for Christmas and the same is happening to me. Entire internet drops, both wired and wireless devices. Only way to resolve is to power on and off the router. Happening daily. Unacceptable for 130 Euro router and apparently from all the threads on this I've seen their support has been no help.
Options
2016-01-04 04:03:15
Tried this, held for under 2 days, then internet completely dropped yet again.

oreoman wrote

This is what the people from TP Link sent me and fixed the problem:

Please try to disable hardware NAT:
1.Log into the TP-LINK web interface(tplinkwifi.net): http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-87.html
2.NAT-->Hardware NAT Status-->disable-->save

Hope it works for all of you!
Options
2016-01-04 09:43:40
Do we have a resolution to this periodic stopping of service yet?
It is affecting two C7 of mine. I had began to think it was power related, but after reviewing what was plugged in to that 1 socket..
I felt that would be highly unlikely.
I checked firmware and found an different version?? available.. Not sure if MY firmware is current or not.. The naming conventions make me pause..How did I get an Oct 14 20115 release?

Yes in fact I do have a C 7 v2
When I DL the most recent Firmware update listed and tried to install it, odd behavior happened.

This is whats shown
Once DL this is the name of the file..

So I unpack it, and it's on the desktop. I point the router to it and attempt the firmware update (did you catch the wording?)

and it fails to update...

Not once or twice...but 5-8 time I try..
So I've no idea if 150427 V2 can fix teh issues, because it wont seem to go in..

So is a resolution available? Or do we just have to keep rebooting the router, and hope it stays operational, vs teh crashing/locking up?
This seems almost like a Microsoft problem if the current solution is to .. 'Turn it off, turn it back on'..
This does not speak well for the reliability of the product.
How do we get this thread elevated for higher viability?
Options
2016-01-04 10:36:52
Well after a cuple of months happened again!! I've contacted with tplink people, they'll replace my router. What is working for a while is to disable nat hardware status.. (if it is already disabled, eneable it and then disable again)
Options
2016-01-04 10:52:16
Well Oreo Man, was this exchange coordinated thru email, or did you actually talk to a real live breathing person?

(6hrs later) Oreoman, NV I was able to contact them and I have an RMA no# now. I supsect they wil contact me tomorrow an the most inopportune time and we will schedule a s shipment and off the box goes.
I am happy to see they are standing behind their product. Thats good news. Now the question in my mind is the replacement sent.... will it have teh same problem???
Options
2016-01-04 21:29:38
By now only by mail, I didn't received the new router since I am living in south america (things are a little slower here) tplink people told me to start a real contact with the store that sold me the router, thy've asked me to forward the mail.. unitl now that's all.. I'm waiting for "news" ...
Options
2016-01-05 18:02:52
Well, it's been 24hrs now. TP-Link has come thru, they are standing behind their product. I have a shipping lable emailed to me already. I just need to find a box for the bad router.
I'm pleasantly surprised. They were quick, one the problem was broadcast. It did get their attention, and they moved to remedy it.
Oreoman, I live in Tx and I had phone an email contact with TP link.
I'll post more on this as it transpires.
Options