Archer C5 - Cannot login after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-20 22:17:40
Model : Archer C5

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : en_3_14_3_up_boot(150428)

ISP :

Hi,
I have the TP Link Archer C5 v1.2. I successfully upgraded to firmware "ArcherC5v1_en_3_14_3_up_boot(150428).bin" which had reset all settings. I then restored the router configuration through the back/up restore feature, which worked except that .. I can't login to the router interface. I had changed both default username login and password but cannot login anymore. Even the default admin/admin is not working.

The router is still working though, and network configuration seems to be properly restored.

Any fix?
:confused:
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C5 - Cannot login after firmware upgrade
2015-09-21 15:54:08
Hard reset it and reconfigure it step by step.
Maybe the config file cannot be used on it, which causes the problem. I heard such a problem before...
Options
2015-09-22 12:37:59
Upgrade guide recommends manually entering all configuration settings after upgrade.
Options
2020-07-07 17:52:09

@Draknof 

hey, reset your router after reseting router it will work properly and you can connect your router with your device by default password hope you know what is your routers default password and after reseting router you can also able to login on router configuration panel ( admin panel ) with admin/admin username and password. 

Well, if this is working for you please give thumsup . thanks 

Options
2021-09-25 07:39:53
Thank you. This saved me from not returning the A5.
Options