TL-WA854RE compatibilty question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-21 00:53:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I emailed the TP-Link technical support section of the website a week ago but have not had a reply, so I am trying the Forum for some advice. I have a TP-Link router, model number TD-8960N and would like to purchase the TP-Link range extender TL-WA854RE. The setting up instructions from the vendor says that:
" Once you have found the best spot for the device, you just push the WPS button on your router followed by the range extender button on the TL-WA854RE or vice versa ".
The problem is that I can't see a button marked WPS on the router. Please advise whether this range extender can be used with my router. If not compatible, can anyone advise which ' plug into the electricity mains socket ' type of range extender is compatible with my TD-8960N router. I am using Windows 7 64-bit. Many thanks. Dr. David Dale.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA854RE compatibilty question
2015-09-21 16:40:30
Why not use method two in quick installation guide to log in web interface of WA854RE and set it up?
http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/TL-WA854RE_V1_QIG.pdf
Options
Thank you
2015-09-22 01:21:45
Thank you very much, M Diamond. The vendor does not mention that there was an alternative installation method if the router does not support WPS. I have not physically seen the product or the Quick Installation Guide so I was unaware that I could set it up using the browser. Your link explains everything. Much appreciated. Dr. David Dale.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 627

Replies: 2