connection blocked by ArcerC20i?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-23 02:20:47
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ok so probably a pretty dumb question but I can't figure out why my Archer C20i seems to be blocking stuff in the network and how to stop it from doing that.

This is our setup:

we have a modem from our tv/internet company
from that we have a line to a splitter (?) out of which 3 lines go to wall sockets in the rest of the house.
when I plug a computer directly into one of those sockets I have internet, no problem
I have two Archer C20I's plugged in as well to provide wifi. This works just fine.

Now, the problem is that when I am connected via wifi to one of the archers I have internet but can't see other computers and devices in the network. When using the computer that is directly plugged into a wall socket I see other devices (such as a samsung tv and an apple tv) just fine. So that leads me to believe something in the Archer is blocking viewing other devices but can't find what. I have tried disabling the SPI firewall but no luck there.

Can anybody help me out?
Options
3 Reply
Re:connection blocked by ArcerC20i?
2015-09-23 11:07:36
Two lines are connected to LAN port or WAN port of two C20is?
C20is are working as access points with DHCP disabled or wireless routers?
What's the IP address of each C20i? Clients connected to the same C20i are able to communicate with each other or not?
Options
2015-09-23 19:50:19
Log in the web management page of C20i, navigate to wireless 2.4GHz/5GHz > Wireless Advanced to check if the Enable Client Isolation is selected. If yes, cancle the selection.
Options
2015-09-25 19:21:51
Thank you mavis. Your answer put me in the right direction. The lines from the wallsockets were connected to the wan ports, after putting them in the lan ports everything was fine. The Apple TVs now find the iTunes library and the apple remote app sees the apple TVs as well.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 500

Replies: 3

Related Articles