Need help setting up TP-Link range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-27 14:18:45
Model : TL-WA854RE

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin

I have a superhub with no WPS button so tried to follow option 2 set up. Firstly tried it on my main pc which is directly connected to the internet but, the wifi icon only shows the direct connection, not any wifi.

So from laptop followed the instructions. Found the TP-Link, went to website, did username and password, got to configure page, clicked next, but shows my wifi name not TP-Link. As instructions say 'Select your routers wireless network name' thought this was ok so went to next stage, typed in my own routers pw (still showing my routers name in box at stage 3.3) then select finish but it then comes up with 'connection lost' and the blue light just keeps flashing instead of changing to steady.

Reset link and tried again but same happens.

Model says TL-WA854RE(UK) v 1.1

On my laptop I have three network connections - LAN (unplugged), Wireless Network Connection (my Virgin one, working) and Wireless Network Connection 2 (Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter (not connected). Lan 4 shows Use the following address and Use the following DNS server (blank numbers) but other two show obtain automatically. I have no idea what the Microsoft one is for, is it the TP-link?

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need help setting up TP-Link range extender
2015-09-28 01:35:38
Okay, managed to get it set up. When it was showing as available connection but not active I selected properties and checked password which I found was incorrect, even though I though I had checked it on the website. Changed it and up and running:)
Options