Limited Connectivity with Wifi or cable TL-WR740N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-04 02:29:38
Model :

TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : 4.3

Firmware Version : 3.17

ISP :

My router used to work when I bought it, then after some 3 weeks of working problems started.
I needed to reset it in order to get it to work, then I had to update firmware to 3.16 sth. and it worked and also sometimes not. So I did not use it for quite some time, but now I need it and can not even get internet to work via cable connected directly into the computer.
I made factory reset, firmware upgrade to latest software, but the problem persists.
In the router setting I used the diagnostic tools and it resulted no connection (pings timed out...).

Is my router dead, or should I do some hacking in order to get it work?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Limited Connectivity with Wifi or cable TL-WR740N
2015-10-08 02:19:23
Can you give me some informations about ISP and as you have the internet connected to the router? Can you show me screen shot from TP-Link status tab?
Options
Re:Limited Connectivity with Wifi or cable TL-WR740N
2015-10-09 05:14:47
Thanks - solved. It was my ISP problem. I have up to 3 IP's and the router was the fourth one at that day, so it could not connect ...
So your product is working fine!
It is a usual optical linear internet with this switch: http://www.t-2.net/media/Dokumenti/Stikala/Switch_SME801g.pdf
which is directly via utp cable connected to my router, if this matters.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 665

Replies: 2

Related Articles