Archer C9 giving Tp Link homeplugs a 169.xxx.xxx Ip Addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-13 17:05:13
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered!

My Archer C9 has behaved beautifully and faultlessly for several months now. I have it set up with TP-Link Homeplugs and all has been fine. In the last few weeks I noticed thet the homeplugs were dopping off line and were getting a 169.xxx etc IP address. I have replaced the Homeplugs with brand new ones - but the problem is still happening......... All is fine with both wireless connections with the router, but the homeplug issue is now permanent. I have factory reset the router, and have also updated the firmware, but this has not fixed the issue.Is anyone else experiencing this issue or has anyone had this issue in the past?

With THanks,

Jim
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C9 giving Tp Link homeplugs a 169.xxx.xxx Ip Addresses
2015-10-13 23:56:14
[QUOTE and were getting a 169.xxx etc IP address][/QUOTE.
This address is from operating system not from router. Model of this Homeplugs!?
Options
Re:Archer C9 giving Tp Link homeplugs a 169.xxx.xxx Ip Addresses
2015-10-14 03:39:10
Thanks jimasek for your help........ the Homeplugs are: TP-LINK TL-WPA4220T KIT - 2 plugs and a TX/RX plug at the router end........ I'm a bit baffled by the issue - all was working fine and now im confused beyond belief...... we have a mix of ipads / iphones & 2 macbook Pro's a Pc Laptop and a Ycam Home Monitor Camera trying to talk to the outside world!!!
Cheers,
Jim
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 667

Replies: 2