Firmware upgrade troubles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-14 01:17:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I decided to upgrade the firmware on a TL-WR841N (v9) to the latest official version of the firmware.

Though this went okay, it did lose all the previous settings. Luckily I'd used the backup function in the software to create a backup of the original configuration (as I have no idea what the PPPoe credentials are in this place).

Anyway, the configuration seems to have taken hold in the firmware. The only problem seems to be that I can no longer log in to the web admin portal of the router, it tells me the username and password are incorrect. I've inspected the configuration backup file, in the backup it seems that the web admin password and username are an md5 hash of the word 'admin' and 'admin' respectively (so in the backup it's the default admin:admin credentials).

Is there any way other than returning to factory default that I can access the web admin part?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Firmware upgrade troubles
2015-10-14 10:14:59
Hard reset it first. Reconfigure it step by step.
In some case, if backup file is used, it may cause the problem like yours.
Options
2015-10-14 20:48:37
The problem is that there are a few settings in the router that I'm not sure of. returning to the factory defaults will also wipe the PPPoe settings, I'm not sure what the original credentials were.

I've also tried ssh access but it seems to have the same problem.
Options
2015-10-15 09:43:46
If you don't remember username and password for internet connection, you have to confirm with your ISP.
It cannot be accessed via SSH. Hard reset is the only way to log in the web interface.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 3

Related Articles