Archer T9E Windows 10 64-bit driver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-14 04:15:44
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've recently purchased a Archer T9E to take advantage of the 5 Ghz wireless that my router offers. Pretty happy with the purchase until I plugged it in to my PCI Express slot, carefully aligning my antennas, and then received the error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" in Device Manager.

Looking online for the relevant drivers and was unable to find any for my device on Windows 10 64-bit. My fault I suppose, assuming that TP-LINK is "The Reliable Choice" that it clearly states on the logo. Not only that, all there is in the forum is a sticky that directs to a page saying "Coming Soon!".... THE AUDACITY IS SICKENING!

Considering that Windows 10 has been available to the general public, manufacturers and other third-parties for a while, it is embarrassing for you as a company to not keep up with the market.

I will be returning my device and purchasing from one of your competitors after waiting so long for a driver. I am thoroughly frustrated with your lack of support and furthermore, the lack of feedback to your customers and to the public with your shoddy release schedules.

If not for me, at least let other people know what is taking you so long! :@ :@

P.S. Not only is your updates so far apart but I registered this account at 20:51 and then received a registration confirmation e-mail until 21:13. Really?!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T9E Windows 10 64-bit driver
2015-10-14 14:32:29
It is very frustrating and disappointing indeed but I believe TP-LINK is pushing their chip manufacturers to provide drivers for windows10 as soon as possible.
If it is quite urgent, it is reasonable to use a different model or brand which works fine with Windows 10.
Options
Re:Archer T9E Windows 10 64-bit driver
2015-10-14 18:51:59

Steve Roberts wrote

It is very frustrating and disappointing indeed but I believe TP-LINK is pushing their chip manufacturers to provide drivers for windows10 as soon as possible.
If it is quite urgent, it is reasonable to use a different model or brand which works fine with Windows 10.

This one is 100% on TP-LINK. Broadcom released Windows 10-compatible drivers for their chipset months ago. TP-LINK just has to tweak it and wrap it in their own driver package, but they still haven't got the job done.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1831

Replies: 2

Related Articles