Trying to make two SSID's for each of the bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz), but I can't seem to do it. Can anyone help me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Trying to make two SSID's for each of the bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz), but I can't seem to do it. Can anyone help me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-15 02:50:11
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 N600 dual-band router. I bought it just two months ago. I'm currently trying to reconfigure it and make two SSIDs for each of the bands. Whenever I reconfigure it, I am asked to choose the name for each of them, butdone after I'm , I can only detect and connect to the 2.4 GHz band, with the 5.0 GHz one nowhere to be seen. Can someone please tell me how I could make two SSIDs or what I'm doing wrong?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to make two SSID's for each of the bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz), but I can't seem to do it. Can anyone help me?
2015-10-15 09:52:59
SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz band are different in default settings.
You should confirm if your wireless clients support dual bands or not. If wireless cards on your clients support 2.4GHz only, they will not be able to detect SSID of 5GHz band.
Options
Re:Trying to make two SSID's for each of the bands (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz), but I can't seem to do it. Can anyone help me?
2015-10-15 12:05:38

Mavis wrote

SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz band are different in default settings.You should confirm if your wireless clients support dual bands or not. If wireless cards on your clients support 2.4GHz only, they will not be able to detect SSID of 5GHz band.
You're right and thanks. My laptop's WLAN channel is apparently 802.11b/g/n and it only supports 2.4 GHz. Thanks!
Options