Can't connect to control panel Archer C5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-22 03:20:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everybody,

Recently, I got a Archer C5 router to use as a wifi switch. In setting it up, I disabled DHCP so that it would not interfere with the router on the network, effectively turning it into a switch with wifi capabilities. Now, I can't access the admin panel. The main reason that I want to access it is to be able to change the wifi password. I have tried resetting the router with no success - multiple times, in fact. I have internet access through it, but because I disabled DHCP, I can't access the admin panel. The wifi password that the paperwork says should work doesn't work. When I try accessing the admin panel, the web browser just times out = not able to connect. In the CMD prompt, I can't ping it either.

I've tried everything I know. If anybody has suggestions - I need them!!!

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can't connect to control panel Archer C5
2015-10-22 11:59:24
Are you connecting to it through a wired connection? You won't be able to access the admin panel through wireless unless you are connected to it. (Meaning successful connection established using wifi password.) Try using the wifi password located on a sticker on the back or bottom of the router.
Options
Re:Can't connect to control panel Archer C5
2015-10-22 16:55:01
According to your description, you have configured the C5 to an AP and I guess you choose dynamic IP method.
That means the IP of C5 has been changed to which front-end router allocate to it. You can:
1. Connect to the main router(not C5) and check on the DHCP Client list to get exact IP of C5.
2. Hardware reset C5. Press 'reset' button for 15 second.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1024

Replies: 2