Conection Problem with TL-WR941ND

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-22 09:17:17
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a home network consisting of a router TL-WR941ND V2/3 and a repeater TL-WA901ND. V2.
Every day I loose connection with the devices normally connected to the router TL-WR941ND.
I than need to go to a device connected to the repeater, access the router TL-WR941ND via 192.168.1.1
and reboot it using the System tools. Than the devices connected to the router work again.
I thought may be there is some problem because the devices in my network have different Operating systems
like: XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Android for Cellphones, I-pad and Smart TV. I tried to find a Firmware upgrade
for the TL-WR941ND but the Download site at T-Link does not find this product, not even in the End of Live List.
The Firmware version of the TL-WR941ND is: 3.11.8 Build 100609 REL. 61214n
The Firmware version of the TL-WA901ND is: 3.12.16 Build 120224 REL.61005n.
Is there possible an incompatibility between the Router and the Repeater or between the Router or Repeater and
some of the different Operating systems in the connected devices?
I believe the problem became worse when I connected the repeater as well.
If an Firmware upgrade would help, where would I find it since for the router there is nothing on the T-link download site available?
Any advice?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Conection Problem with TL-WR941ND
2015-10-22 11:21:53
Upgrade latest firmware for the router and repeater first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WR941ND_V3.html#Firmware
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-WA901ND_V2.html#Firmware

After uggrade, reconfigure them. As I checked, newer firmwares for them improve stability, which may help to solve your problem.
Options
reset to the routers
2015-10-28 18:30:51
Still having problems. Did a reset to the routers and we are still having the same issue. The only configuration i did was:

- Changed the hostname
- Changed the SSID and wireless type (B/G, not N)
- Changed the WEP2/AES key
- Changed the time zone (i live in Argentina)
- Changed the Region (sames as above)
- Changed the default user and password
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1759

Replies: 2

Related Articles