TL-WA701ND and VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA701ND and VLANs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WA701ND and VLANs
TL-WA701ND and VLANs
2015-10-25 05:26:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys

Having a strange problem when trying to use VLANs with my access point. In short, it keeps crashing when I turn on VLANs. Let me try to explain my setup...

I have my TL-WA701ND connected to my TL-SG3210 switch. The port on the switch is set to Link Type "GENERAL" and it has its PVID set to the VLAN for my internal network. In this case, 100. I have a second VLAN (104) assigned to this port with an Egress Rule of "TAG". VLAN 104 is also tagged onto the switch port of my server which is set up to give out DHCP leases on this VLAN.

I've gone into "Operation Mode" on the WA701ND and changed to Multi-SSID. Once thats on, I've turned on VLANs on my only SSID and set it to use VLAN 104 - Now whenever I connect to the AP with a client, it seems to force reboot; Rejecting any connection on the LAN port until its rebooted and when it comes back, its only up for 30 seconds or so before the process repeats.

My understanding of this is that traffic to the Web UI (Management Interface) of the WA701ND remains untagged and only traffic that originates from any connected client gets tagged as it leaves the ethernet port.

Can anyone explain why the Access Point keeps restarting itself?
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WA701ND and VLANs
2015-10-26 10:47:53
It is a bug. I have met this before. So you would better contact technical support through Email. Web: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support-contact.html or ticket system: http://ticket.tp-link.com/.
Options
2015-10-27 06:36:18
Thanks - I've submitted a query via support as suggested. If I get anything useful back I'll update here :)
Options
2015-11-03 17:13:21
I've had a reply from support confirming that it is indeed a bug. They have told me it is due to be fixed in the next release of firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 571

Replies: 3

Related Articles