TL-WA850RE - massive packet loss on uplink to 2.4GHz access point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-10-26 10:47:35
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to use a TL-WA850RE to extend a 2.4GHz network but clients connected to the extender's BSSID experience packet loss on pings to the upstream access point and the problem only gets worse over time. Initially, 2 or 3 consecutive ping packets will be lost for every 10 sent. Over time, tens of consecutive packets will be lost and the connection becomes unusable.

Clients connected directly to the upstream access-point at a similar distance (3-4 metres) as that between the TL-WA850RE and the upstream access point do not experience this packet loss.

I have version 1.2 of the hardware and have the August 2014 firmware.

From reading the forums, it appears that quite a few other users of 2.4GHz WiFi networks are experiencing similar problems with the TP-Link Range extenders. Have these issues been formally recognised? Is there a fix in the works?

jon.

Update 1: I replaced the TP-Link WA850RE with a Linksys RE3000W and was able to extend the network with minimal packet loss (e.g < 1% compared to up to 80% with the TP-Link WA850RE).

FWIW: the the upstream AP is running hostapd on top of Ubuntu 14.04 on custom arm hardware with a TI 18xx Wireless chipset.

Update 2:

Firmware Version: 3.14.8 Build 140826 Rel.63335n Hardware Version: WA850RE v1.2 00000000

FWIW: I haven't been able to reproduce the problem when the upstream access point is replaced by a 2.4GHz Linksys WRT54GL which indicates that the nature of the upstream access point is probably also a factor in this case.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA850RE - massive packet loss on uplink to 2.4GHz access point
2015-10-28 10:33:16
Maybe you should change wireless channel or relocate your 850RE follow the UG to get good signal strength.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1452

Replies: 1

Related Articles