Can't connect to internet with RE210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-02 04:40:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Yesterday I bought RE200 Range extender - after spending 4hours trying to configure it with my router, I finally returned it to store. It was not working.
I picked up RE210 from the same store (because I have TP-LINK router TL-WR740N) and I kind of thought that if I bought a TP-LINK RE, it wouldn't be any conflicts.

Now I have spent another 4 hourse trying to configue my RE210 but I can't get it to work.
Well, I can connect the RE210 to my extisting router and in RE210 dashboard, it says connected and 75% connectivity.
Fair enough.
But when I try to connect throught RE210 to view a website, I can't
Chrome allways tells me that there is no internet connection.

I will probably return the RE210 back to store very soon. Can't say that I am happy. :mad:

If someone can help me, then please do so so I can be happy again.

TLTL-WR740N-WR740NTL-WR740N
Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't connect to internet with RE210
2015-11-03 09:29:59
It is so strange! I wonder if the 2.4/5G LED lights were on? Could you show the status of the web page?
Options
2015-11-03 16:24:12
The 2.4Ghz light was on on the RE200 unit and when I logged in to the RE200, it's shows me the connection strenght was 75% and that RE has a connection to the main router.

I never saw in my main router that the RE unit was connected to the router in DHCP client list.
I saw few devices ther that were connected but not the RE unit (compared it with the MAC address)

I also tested to use the WPS button but the router said for about 2min "connecting..." and then "failed!"

The only light that was not ON on the RE unit was the 5Ghz light, every other were green.

I just isn't working at all.
Options
2015-11-04 09:06:40
The MAC address of RE200 that would be displayed in the DHCP client list of router is not the one you can see in the web page of RE, which is called real MAC. It is equals the real MAC add one.
What's more, if the 2.4GHZ light is on, the connection RE200 and router have been established. Maybe you can check whether your router can surf Internet and whether the clients connected to RE200 have got the right IP.
Options
2015-11-04 16:14:19
Well... In my recent post I ment RE210 but it does not matter.
I had few devices connected to the router and I could surf the web like before. No problem at all.

With that setup, everything should work but it doesn't at all. I can connect to RE210 but I cant connect to the web.
My device got an IP address from RE210 so that was also working. Just can't browse the web at all if connected to the RE210.

I will return the device to the store today. Can't spend any more time on this.
Options
2015-11-04 16:47:26
The IP address of the clients connected to RE210 should be assigned by your router, not by RE210. That means the gateway of the clients should be your router's IP. So, maybe you can check the DHCP setting of RE210 to see if it is 'on'. If so, change it to "Auto"or "off".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2610

Replies: 5

Related Articles