One laptop has trouble with tl-w340g

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-06 22:09:45
Model : tl-wr340g

Hardware Version : V2.1

Firmware Version : 101102

ISP :

Hello,
I have a tl-wr340g which served me great until recently. A couple of weeks ago, one of the laptops at home began loosing internet access while using wifi. I began trying to figure out what's wrong and got the following list of symptoms:
1) After a couple of minutes of working fine, the internet access is lost. Reconnecting to the wifi network restores it for a couple of minutes. The internet connection is stable when I use a cable.
2) All other laptops, tablets and smartphones work fine on the wifi network.
3) Windows update and evernote sync don't work when the laptop with the problems is connected to the router, even if I use a cable. The evernote sync works fine on the tablet and smartphone.
4) The laptop is clean of viruses and malware. I scanned it with numerous tools.
5) The laptop has absolutely no issues when connected to any other wireless network.
6) Resetting the router to factory defaults had no effect on the issues I am having.

The router model is tl-wr340g. Once I began having trouble, I updated the firmware to the latest version 101102 but that had no effect on the problems.
Operating systems: windows 8.1

The signal is usually 5 bars until the connection drops.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you in advance!
Options
2 Reply
Re:One laptop has trouble with tl-w340g
2015-11-07 15:47:24
Some measurements of the signal level from Win8?
Options
Re:One laptop has trouble with tl-w340g
2015-11-07 15:51:50
I get 5 bars all the time. The router is in a room next to where I sit with the laptop. Sitting right next to the router didn't change anything.
I get less than 5% packet loss until the connection drops.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 2

Related Articles