Archer C5 SSHDD I/O error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-07 08:15:00
Model : Archer C5

Hardware Version : V1.2

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n

ISP : Magyar Telekom

I have connected a formatted Western Digital Drive SSHDD to my router witch USB, i can connect without any problem, and i also see my shared particions but i can't read or write data to the drive. I have two particions and none of them works. If i reconnect my drive manually, everything works again for about 5 minutes, then i can't read or upload data again. When i try to upload filest to it i get that error: "Error 0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

I have checked my hard drive witch chkdsk and it did not find errors. When i connect my drive to my pc i can read or write data to it without any problem. I use Windows 10 on my PC. Pls help.
I use the latest offical frimware on my Archer C5.

Peter
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C5 SSHDD I/O error
2015-11-07 08:59:31
Does the HDD enter standby mode in between when you notice it works and then it doesn't?
Options
2015-11-07 18:49:56
If you mean on standby mode that it does not connect to the router then, no, the indicator led is still lighting. If the hdd would be unaccaseable to the router i wouldn't be able to see partitons in the Disk Setting menu or acces the folders on the drive.
Or if you mean that the HDD doesn't seem like to write or read anything when the error occurs, than yes,

I think it's simply a frimware related error of the router.
Options
2015-11-07 22:20:09
I meant when you don't access the hard drive for certain amount of time it will turn off until there is a read/write request. I have a WD that enters that in about 10 - 15 minutes.
Options
2015-11-09 05:32:42
Do you have any trouble reading and writing to drive when connected directly to your computer? Have you check permissions on the drive?
Options
2015-11-20 06:58:53
I have succesfully solved the problem. The problem was that when you write big files the drive requires more Ampers to function well. The C5 only provides 0,500 mA and my drive needed 0,550 mA so i used USB Y cable with 2 male and one female ends, and i connected my drive to both USB ports.

Note: If you have the same problem do not use your HDD till you don't get an USB Y cable since it can damage the drive.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 5

Related Articles